0466 210 654 offer.babaeducation@gmail.com Enquiry Now

Immigration for Medical practitioners: Doctors and Nurses

This post is for those doctors and nurses who are interested in obtaining visa 457.

Australia is suffering from a drought of doctors and nurses. The demand for qualified medical practitioners has sky rocketed during the last few years.

Overseas doctors trained doctors and nurses who are interested in working in Australia can either apply for permanent migration by applying for 175 visa(Please see my post for overseas immigration) or obtain a sponsorship from an employer who is willing to sponsor and get a temporary 457 visa which is a three years work permit.

The following websites of each the health departments of each state territory of Australia lists jobs which are open for medical practitioners.

NSW: http://www7.health.nsw.gov.au/healthjobs/Default.cfm?ID=1233

VIC: http://www.health.vic.gov.au/jobs/index.htm

SA: http://www.health.sa.gov.au/Default.aspx?tabid=93

WA: http://www.osrecruitment.health.wa.gov.au/

QLD: http://www.health.qld.gov.au/jobs/default.asp

TAS: http://www.dhhs.tas.gov.au/careers

NT: http://www.health.nt.gov.au/Careers/index.aspx

The process of obtaining a 457 visa is long, specially for doctors and nurses as it requires obtaining approval from state territory boards as well.

The first step is to get an employer interested in you. Get a letter of offer and kick start the process.

Apart from the above mentioned websites, the DoctorConnect website is also a very good resource to start with

DoctorConnect http://www.doctorconnect.gov.au/


Migration Agent Registration Number: 0964018

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *